Ketogenic Diet – The Benefits of Taking a Ketogenic Diet
10 Health Benefits of Low-Carb and Ketogenic Diets
The ketogenic diet is becoming very popular among doctors because it contains a certain element of health. This diet is beneficial for a huge number of people. Here are the 10 most common benefits of this diet.
* Low overall calorie intake – People who go on a ketogenic diet usually do so because they cannot afford to eat hundreds of calories on regular meals. The ketogenic diet is a very effective way to reduce the overall calorie intake because it reduces the overall carbohydrate intake. The end result is a perfect condition to lose weight.
* Better protection of your heart – When you eat ketogenic foods, your body does not have to use calcium as much because it will not be required by the muscles. Therefore, it conserves calcium which makes the heart stronger.
* Increased energy – It is very hard for your body to convert carbohydrates into glucose as it is not very friendly to it. A simple example is that you cannot feel the effects of carbohydrates after 8 hours. If you go on a ketogenic diet you will get more energy from consuming vegetables and proteins.
* Easy to manage blood sugar levels – Most diets today are very stressful to your blood sugar because they provide zero-carb, high-protein, high-calorie meals. A ketogenic diet has no such requirements. It prevents sugar from being converted into a bad compound called TG.
* Improved digestion – Going on a ketogenic diet can be like going to school with a new chef. It speeds up the digestion process as well as the assimilation of nutrients. Another way of saying this is that it helps you to absorb nutrients faster.
* Better sleep – Not only does going on a ketogenic diet ensure more restful sleep, but you also get more energy after you eat.
* Higher IQ – People on ketogenic diets are better at concentrating and focus better than people on other types of diets.
* Better respiratory system – It is more difficult for your body to assimilate bad bacteria. This helps with the proper function of your lungs.
If you are going to take a ketogenic diet you need to be aware of the risks involved. A ketogenic diet is much easier to go on for a short period of time as long as you make sure you have all of the components covered first. If you are a person who loves sweets and junk food then you need to go on a diet that is based on fiber. n But if you are a person who would rather eat fresh vegetables then make sure you have the fiber to support your body while it adapts to the new dietary pattern.
Also, make sure that you have enough nutrition. This means that you need to be eating enough to satisfy hunger without becoming obese. It also means having protein for your muscles and fluids.
If you have any kind of injury, you need to make sure that you have enough protein. There are also people who are allergic to gluten. There are supplements of vitamin E, zinc and magnesium that can be used in case of dietary needs. Just make sure you go on a ketogenic diet that has no added sugar, no processed, and minimal gluten.